Thursday 25 February 2010

Team Rider Profile Of The Week - Fabio Close

Name: Fabio Close
Date of birth: 23-9-96
Home Town: Bolton
Occupation: Schoolboy

Cycling 2010 aims: Win the Isle of Man Youth Tour (podium minimum), Manchester District GHS 10m TT, National GHS 10m TT, National Youth Circuit Series (podium)

Why should people sign up and join the www.sub7bikes.co.uk Racing Team? The advice and training plan that I have been given this year has been really good and useful.

What training have you been up to? My training consists of racing at the Velodrome in Manchester on a Monday and training there on a Wednesday. Thursday is interval training on the turbo which is hard but rewarding. On Friday I do an easy ride for an hour on either the rollers or turbo. Saturday is the hardest training day where we do 25-30 miles of hard through and off work, and finally on Sunday we do a 16 mile course that is mainly hills.

What are you most looking forward to about riding for www.sub7bikes.co.uk
Racing Team? www.sub7 bikes.co.uk Racing Team is my first team so I'm looking forward to being part of a team instead of riding as an individual. If I get the chance to get to ride with other members of the team during the season that will be good.

If you could meet any top professional cyclist who would it be? I have already ridden with Brad Wiggins, he is my hero. I would love to ride with Mark Cavendish as I admire what he has achieved and the way that he has achieved his wins.

Three words to describe yourself? Dedicated, Motivated and Intelligent

No comments:

Post a Comment